- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 10 times.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into 12 wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones
"We made these for my brother's birthday. They were even more popular than the chocolate scones we had also made. They are delicious and moist and very easy to make. We are going to make them again very soon!"
"The batter was so runny I could'nt do anything with it. Maybe the ingredients are wrong in the receipe."