Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
"Delicious! I used 1/2 t. cinnamon instead of the nutmeg (since I didn't have any). It was wonderful."
"I made these with ALL whole wheat pastry flour and they are delicious!!! We gobbled them down. They will make a nice snack to have during the week."
"These muffins were very easy to make-very moist. I wanted a little more WW flour so I added 1/2c extra WW and subtracted 1/2c of Reg flour. I also doubled the amount of nutmeg, just in case the extra WW over powered the spice-I think it was still a delicious hint of spice. These muffins were so light that I will probably try the recipe with all WW flour next time."