Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Whole wheat flour gives nutritious flair to these yummy muffins packed with juicy blueberries. Fresh from the oven, they’ll warm you up on cold, winter days. —Sheila Siem, Calumet, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each equals 158 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC