Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe
"A hint of orange livens up this moist and nutty banana bread," says Kathy Merrick from Hammond, Indiana. "I've taken loaves to potluck suppers and they are always a hit." She suggests trying a slice for breakfast or as a sensibly scrumptious snack.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a food processor or blender, process the oranges, bananas, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (10 slices each).
1 slice equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Whole Wheat Banana Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC