Whole Grain Pancake Mix Recipe
I found this basic recipe in my local newspaper, and tweaked it for our family. It has all the convenience of commercial pancake mix...plus it is packed with whole grains. Even with the grains this is a light and fluffy pancake.Dorcas Byler, Brevard, North Carolina
- 10 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 1-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place oats in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Stir into flour mixture. Divide mixture among five airtight containers. Store for up to 6 months. Yield: 15 cups.
- To prepare pancakes: Pour 1 cup mix into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, water and oil; stir into pancake mix just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
Originally published as Whole Grain Pancake Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p171
Reviews for Whole Grain Pancake Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2013
We use this recipe all the time. It's great for planning ahead.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >