- Combine flour and broth; stir into onion mixture. Add the wine, bay
- leaf and thyme; bring to a boil. Return chicken and bacon to the
- pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Cook sauce over medium heat until
- slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken and sauce with
- noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without noodles) equals 672 calories, 37 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,093 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.