White Velvet Cutouts Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. shapes; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (not browned). Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add remaining sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add enough remaining milk and food coloring until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for White Velvet Cutouts(35)
Sort By :
Made no adjustments; dough was easy to work with and cookies melted in your mouth. Very good recipe
Can anyone tell me if the cookies need to be refrigerated with the buttercream frosting, if I want them to be good for a week or so?
Made these cookies when my kids were little. Lost the recipe. Glad I found it again. Yumy cookie!!!
This is the only cutout recipe I use. I substitute almond extract for the vanilla.
The best cutout cookies ever! Have been making for many years now.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >