White Turkey Chili
"I came up with this dish by combining several recipes I liked and changing the flavors until it was just right," notes Tina Barrett of Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela. "It's so simple to make."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients; bring to a
- boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25-30
- minutes or until heated through. Top servings with sour cream.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 250 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.