White Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, bring butter and milk just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and extract. Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for White Texas Sheet Cake(29)
Sort By :
This was quite good, not as moist as i would like but the flavor was very good! I did make it twice and added an extra egg the second time, which helped with the moistness.
absolutely fantastic, and although I have almond extract I keep vanilla on the counter, so I used that instead. I was almost out of powdered sugar, so it wasn't as sweet a frosting as it could have been, which allowed me to have a taste. That was super exciting. Can't wait to bring it to work. The leaving it out overnight, is really a good tip. It does get better the longer it sits.
It is fabulous.
This is a keeper! My son said it was the best cake ever.
Do you have to keep this cake in the fridge ?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >