White Sauce Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces sliced or 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is tender; drain. Stir in the cream, cream cheese, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- 2. Gradually add cheddar and Gouda cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted; remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside.
- 3. Layer half of the lasagna noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- 4. Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.