- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces sliced or 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until garlic is tender; drain. Stir in the cream, cream cheese, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Gradually add cheddar and Gouda cheeses, stirring until cheese is melted; remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese and egg; set aside.
- Layer half of the lasagna noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for White Sauce Lasagna
Sort By :
"This lasagna is delicious! Although I omit the Gouda cheese whenever I make it, the sauce is still wonderfully cheesy. One of my family's favorite ways to enjoy ground beef!"
"This was delicious and easy but next time I think I would try to decrease at least some of the cheese and other fat because it was incredibly rich. Nice for a crowd though--tasty and filling and little goes a long way."
"If you add the 1 lb. of Italian sausage - add and additional cup of cottage cheese and mozzarella and make 3 layers."
"If you like meat I added 1 lb. of Italian sausage to recipe. Also, added 8 - 10 oz. of fresh sliced mushrooms. Delicious."