Fruity, sweet and party-pretty, this light, refreshing beverage from our Test Kitchen goes together in minutes. And guests will find it as welcome as a splash of winter sunshine at your buffet.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium oranges, washed and sliced
- 1 medium lemon, washed and sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and
- orange and lemon slices; mash gently with a wooden spoon until fruit
- is partially crushed. Add the wine, apple slices and triple sec.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, add soda. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 178 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.