White Sangria Recipe
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium oranges, washed and sliced
- 1 medium lemon, washed and sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- 1. In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and orange and lemon slices; mash gently with a wooden spoon until fruit is partially crushed. Add the wine, apple slices and triple sec. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, add soda. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 178 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for White Sangria
"Very good. I am always looking for sangria recipes with little or no citrus, since I have an allergy. This one was easily adapted with a wonderful result. There is never any left in the pitcher when I make this!!"
"Great if you are looking for a good, boozy party punch! I usually quadruple the recipe in a very large pot and ladle it out. You can just throw in a whole large can of pineapple juice. Great for a special occasion or any holiday!"
"Big hit! Everyone I make this for loves it! Made this for our block party ... there was a sangria contest... I won, first one finished"
"Light, refreshing, delicious!"
"Nice Fruity Sangria. I made it the night before and added the fruit about 4 hours before serving. I also added green grapes. The fruit was also delicious!"
"Took this to a "bring your favorite" Sangria party. Everyone raved and wanted the recipe. Needless to say, it was the first one finished. Very refreshing, great summer drink, although it was a hit in the winter as well. Great for those that are sensitive to red wines."
"This was a really light and refreshing drink. It had just the right amount of sweetness added and the fruit were an added "snacking" bonus! I would definitely recommend this in the Summer months when it's hot out."
"Very refreshing. Making it again this weekend and maybe the next and the next...."
"Suggestion if you are using a dry white wine add sugar."
"Very good... Best if made with a sweet dessert wine and not a dry wine!!"
"WOW!! what a refreshing way to make sangria with white wine, delicious."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.