Fruity, sweet and party-pretty, this light, refreshing beverage from our Test Kitchen goes together in minutes. And guests will find it as welcome as a splash of winter sunshine at your buffet.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium oranges, washed and sliced
- 1 medium lemon, washed and sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and orange and lemon slices; mash gently with a wooden spoon until fruit is partially crushed. Add the wine, apple slices and triple sec. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving, add soda. Serve over ice. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as White Sangria in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for White Sangria
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review