Using white instead of red wine makes my version of sangria a little lighter, yet it still has the same wonderful sweetness. Frozen fruit allows me to serve this any time of year.Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- In a pitcher, stir the wine, sugar and brandy until sugar is
- dissolved. Add the soda, frozen fruits, lemon and lime. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 155 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.