- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes with oil, sugar
- and salt. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 2
- hours or until tomatoes are soft and slightly shriveled.
- For crust, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add
- onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in herbs.
- Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl,
- combine sugar, oil, salt, yeast mixture and 1 cup flour; beat on
- medium speed until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until
- almost doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Punch down
- dough; roll to fit bottom and 1/2-in. up sides of pan. Cover; let
- rest 10 minutes. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, garlic, salt and Italian
- seasoning. Spread over crust; top with roasted tomatoes and
- mozzarella cheese. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 503 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.