White Pecan Fudge Recipe
Each Christmas, I package batches of this rich fudge to send to family and friends. It's just delicious!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Greased the foil with 1/2 tablespoon butter and set aside. Butter the sides of a large heavy saucepan with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cut remaining butter into small pieces and place in a large heat-proof bowl; add marshmallows and set aside.
- 2. In the buttered saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat. Pour over butter and marshmallows; stir until melted. Add the chocolate. Continue stirring until chocolate and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Lift out of pan; remove foil and cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 3-1/2 pounds (about 6-1/2 dozen).
1 serving (1 each) equals 73 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC