- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, cream shortening and butter. Add vanilla and
- salt. Gradually beat in sugar. Add enough milk until frosting
- achieves spreading consistency. Spread between layers and over top
- and sides of cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 449 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.