- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus or 3/4 pound fresh cut asparagus, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Add broth and milk; cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Stir mushrooms into the remaining sauce. Lay 3 noodles in the pan. Top with asparagus, chicken, mozzarella and about 1 cup sauce. Top with 3 more noodles, the cooked ham and half of the remaining sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for White Lasagna
Sort By :
"I made this for my family and they loved it!I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. They said this was definitely a keeper recipe."
"Just made it November 1st. What a great entree to serve on a chilly November day. I used fresh asparagus; boneless chicken thigh meat and sauteed onion and garlic in the butter (instead of the dried onion and garlic powder). Served this w/canned cranberries, garlic bread and cabbage salad."