White Hot Chocolate
Debbi Smith of Crossett, Arkansas says her creamy drink is smooth and soothing with a hint of spice.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 2/3 cup white baking chips
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/4 cup cream, white chips, cinnamon
- stick and nutmeg. Stir over low heat until chips are melted; discard
- cinnamon. Add remaining cream; stir until heated through. Remove
- from the heat; add extracts. Sprinkle each serving with ground
- cinnamon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 397 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.