White Cranberry-Lime Sorbet
We created this sorbet as a refreshing way to end heavy, holiday meals. The sweet-tart combination of flavors is fantastic.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 cups white cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberry juice and sugar to a boil. Cook
- and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in
- lime juice and peel. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a freezer container;
- freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 140 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.