- paper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; mix
- well. Beat in coating and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and
- baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix
- well. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff
- peaks form; fold into the batter.
- Pour into prepared dishes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- dishes to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- light. Add confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until
- smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of
- cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 831 calories, 44 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.