White Christmas Cake Recipe
"Wow!" is the reaction from family and guests when they see and taste this lovely three-layer cake from Nancy Reichert. "White chocolate, coconut and pecans make the cake so delicious," notes the Thomasville, Georgia cook.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces white candy coating or vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in candy coating until melted. Cool for 20 minutes. Line three greased 8-in. square baking dishes with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; mix well. Beat in coating and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- 3. Pour into prepared dishes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from dishes to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light. Add confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 831 calories, 44 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC