White Christmas Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces white candy coating or vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in candy coating until melted. Cool for 20 minutes. Line three greased 8-in. square baking dishes with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks; mix well. Beat in coating and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- 3. Pour into prepared dishes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from dishes to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light. Add confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 831 calories, 44g fat (24g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for White Christmas Cake
"Made this for company recently and it was a huge hit. Loved by everyone. Will definitely make again."
"This cake is a rare treasure for take and appeal. My family went wild for this over the holidays. We are making it a new holiday tradition. The effort in making the cake is well worth the effort. I did not change anything. I did use my own vanilla I make from vanilla beans."