White Christmas Cake Recipe
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces chopped white candy coating or white baking chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in candy coating until blended. Cool 20 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of three greased 8-in. square or 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Beat in candy coating mixture. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition. Fold in coconut and pecans. With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 4. Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 5. For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 831 calories, 44g fat (24g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for White Christmas Cake
"Made this for company recently and it was a huge hit. Loved by everyone. Will definitely make again."