White Chocolate Truffles
This is the perfect holiday gift candy. It is so easy to make and will look so pretty in a gift box.Gloria Nolan, Peoria, Pennsylvania
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 18 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 9 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt the candy coating, butter and cream over low
- heat until smooth, stirring frequently. Stir in sugar. (If mixture
- separates, beat with a mixer for 30 seconds.) Pour into an 8-in.
- square pan. Chill for 20 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out and shape into 1-in. balls.
- Roll in sugar. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: White confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.