- baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with
- buttermilk and water, beating well after each addition. Fold in
- pecans. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks; discard waxed paper.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and
- sides of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without chocolate curls) equals 885 calories, 49 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 103 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.