- stirring, over medium-low heat until it begins to melt. Gently drag
- melted sugar to center of pan so sugar melts evenly. Cook, without
- stirring, until melted sugar turns a medium amber color, about 25
- minutes. Gradually stir in butter and cream.
- Lifting terrine with plastic wrap; remove from pan. Remove plastic.
- Cut terrine into 10 slices; serve with sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 10 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
TO MAKE AHEAD: Caramel sauce can be made ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Warm in the microwave before serving.