White Chocolate Strawberry Torte Recipe
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 cups whole medium fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Additional strawberries, halved
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons wafer crumbs. Combine almonds, butter and remaining crumbs; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Spoon 5 tablespoons of melted white chocolate over crust; sprinkle with reserved wafer crumbs. Arrange whole strawberries, tips up, over crumbs.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, juice concentrate and vanilla. Beat in remaining white chocolate. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Stir 2 cups into the creamed cheese mixture; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread between and over strawberries. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to loosen. Remove sides. Arrange four 1-1/2-in.-wide strips of waxed paper over top; sprinkle cocoa between strips. Remove waxed paper. Place halved strawberries between cocoa rows. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 321 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Strawberry Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.