White Chocolate Star Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Red sugars, nonpareils or sprinkles
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-3/4-in. star cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Decorate half of the cookies with sugars and nonpareils. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 4. Cool. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and food coloring until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and melted chocolate until smooth. Spread over the tops of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 124 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for White Chocolate Star Sandwich Cookies
"I have made these since I first saw the recipe and my son insists on making them every christmas!! we both love them!!!"