- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Red sugars, nonpareils or sprinkles
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-3/4-in. star cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate half of the cookies with sugars and nonpareils. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and food coloring until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and melted chocolate until smooth. Spread over the tops of plain cookies; top with decorated cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Star Sandwich Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p18
Reviews for White Chocolate Star Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
I have made these since I first saw the recipe and my son insists on making them every christmas!! we both love them!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >