- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- melted chips and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; add
- to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after
- each addition. Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake 26-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely; gently peel off waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan, bring raspberries and water to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Press raspberries through
- a sieve; discard seeds. Cool.
- In same pan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry puree
- until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Cool. Spread between cake layers.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in melted
- chips; fold in whipped topping. Spread over top and sides of cake.
- Pipe frosting over top edge of cake and garnish with berries if
- desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now