White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries, white chocolate curls and mint leaves, optional
- 1. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. In a microwave, melt 1 cup white chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Beat in melted chips. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in remaining chips. Pour into crust.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Place raspberries in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Strain; discard seeds.
- 6. In a small heavy saucepan, heat sugar and 1/2 cup raspberry puree until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat.
- 7. Whisk a small amount of hot liquid into gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in liqueur and remaining hot raspberry mixture. Stir in remaining raspberry puree. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake.
- 8. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries, white chocolate curls and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 569 calories, 39g fat (23g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake
"Not the easier to make, but it is well worth it!"
"It's really really good. Everyone LOVE it. One of my favorite."