White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
Befitting Christmas Day dessert, a New Year's celebration or even a holiday tea party, one thing's for sure: These flavors are a match made in heaven.Crystal Morris, Alliance, Ohio
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries, white chocolate curls and mint leaves, optional
- Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup white chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Beat in melted chips. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in remaining chips. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Place raspberries in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Strain; discard seeds.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat sugar and 1/2 cup raspberry puree until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk a small amount of hot liquid into gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in liqueur and remaining hot raspberry mixture. Stir in remaining raspberry puree. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries, white chocolate curls and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p147
Reviews for White Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2014
It's really really good. Everyone LOVE it. One of my favorite.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Mousse Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >