White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry flavoring syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, grated
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- White chocolate curls and fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, raspberry syrup and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- 2. In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
- 3. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. In a small saucepan, cook and stir jam over low heat until bubbly. Drizzle over cake. Cool.
- 5. In a microwave, melt baking chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with chocolate curls and raspberries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 411 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.