White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry flavoring syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, grated
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- White chocolate curls and fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, raspberry syrup and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- 2. In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
- 3. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. In a small saucepan, cook and stir jam over low heat until bubbly. Drizzle over cake. Cool.
- 5. In a microwave, melt baking chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with chocolate curls and raspberries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnish) equals 411 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.