White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping Recipe
This luscious cheesecake from Phyllis Schmalz-Eismann of Kansas City, Kansas belongs on a pedestal. Just pour the spiced pumpkin filling over the delectable gingersnap crust, bake and refrigerate overnight. The final touch is a crunchy almond topping.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate.
- 3. Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients; spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen cheesecake; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Transfer topping to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC