White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate.
- 3. Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients; spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen cheesecake; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Transfer topping to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.
- 6. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping
"I thought this cake lacked a distinct flavor. I know that pumpkin is a subtle flavor but I expected to have it more defined. I liked the almond topping. It was tasty and added a nice touch."
"Can this be made in a 9 by 13 pan instead?"
"This cheesecake was super yummy! I chilled it in the fridge overnight before freezing, to ensure the crust didn't go soggy when I thawed it. Also I didn't use gingersnaps cuz didn't have any, did a graham cracker crust instead and it was fine. The taste was so yummy - the pumpkin flavour wasn't too strong and you could really taste the spices."
"I make this cheesecake at least 2 to 3 times a year!! My family loves it!!!!"
"We made two alterations to this recipe. First, we don't like gingersnaps, so we replaced the gingersnap cookies with crushed Newton's Fruit Thins in the Cranberry Citrus Oats flavor. (They are this new crispy cookie from the Fruit Newtons company and they are SO good in this recipe!!) Then, we wanted a touch of color in the topping, so we added a little bit of strawberry jam, (we used Smuckers), it made the topping look pretty and it added just a bit of flavor. Sounds like it would clash with the pumpkin, but it was amazingly good. With these changed, this was HANDS DOWN the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever had. Better than than, it was one of the best CHHESECAKES I have ever had!!!"
"We made two alterations to this recipe. First, we don't like gingersnaps, so we replaced the gingersnap cookies with crushed Newton's Fruit Thins in the Cranberry Citrus Oats flavor. (They are this new crispy cookie from the Fruit Newtons company and they are SO good in this recipe!!) Then, we wanted a touch of color in the topping, so we added a little bit of strawberry jam, (we used Smuckers), it made the topping look pretty and it added just a bit of flavor. Sounds like it would clash with the pumpkin, but it was amazingly good."
"I want to try this but can I halve this recipe to make a smaller cheesecake? I love pumpkin cheesecake but I don't want a ton of leftovers I will be tempted to eat!"
"I took this to the school that I work at and they loved it!!! It was easy to make and you could vary the crust and topping howwever you wanted to. Probably my best cheesecake ever!!"
"Creamy, didn't crack, crust was delicious, almond topping made it divine :)"
"This cheesecake is marvelous. We have made it for several years and it always gets rave reviews wherever we serve it. We are making it again for Christmas tomorrow."
"I have made this several times and it always turns out great. The nuts on top make it nice and rustic. I also use cream cheese with 1/3 less fat (neufchatel cheese) and it still turns out great and healthier right?!"
"I have made this recipe several times and everyone loves it! I make it with a graham cracker crust instead, and the flavor is still great. The cheesecake is not too sweet, with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor."
"This was a good plain cheesecake, but you could not taste the pumpkin nor the white chocolate."
"I've made this pumpkin cheesecake many times and it's always a big hit! Very good! I've made it in cupcake liners sometimes, instead of making the cake, which is very easy for individual servings....Watch as these cups get snached up in numbers! Can't eat just one!"
"This cheesecake is very good. Only need super thin slices as it is really rich. The subtle pumpkin flavour tastes great with the white chocolate."
"This was delicious! The pumpkin and white chocolate flavors were subtle but still made their presence known. My one complaint is that the texture was just slightly grainy. This could have been my own error, so I haven't discounted the rating for that reason. Either way it was great- not a lot of leftovers after Thanksgiving dinner!"
"My family waits every year for this. What a great recipe!"
"I have made it several times already and had friends ask me for the recipe."
"This has become a family favorite for Thanksgiving for those of us who don't like pumpkin pie."
"This Chessecake is realy good. I made the crust with oreo cookies instead of gingersnaps"