- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ALMOND TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate.
- Combine pumpkin and spices; gently fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the topping ingredients; spread in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring twice. Cool.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen cheesecake; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Transfer topping to an airtight container; store in the refrigerator.
- Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Topping
"I thought this cake lacked a distinct flavor. I know that pumpkin is a subtle flavor but I expected to have it more defined. I liked the almond topping. It was tasty and added a nice touch."
"Can this be made in a 9 by 13 pan instead?"
"This cheesecake was super yummy! I chilled it in the fridge overnight before freezing, to ensure the crust didn't go soggy when I thawed it. Also I didn't use gingersnaps cuz didn't have any, did a graham cracker crust instead and it was fine. The taste was so yummy - the pumpkin flavour wasn't too strong and you could really taste the spices."
"I make this cheesecake at least 2 to 3 times a year!! My family loves it!!!!"
"We made two alterations to this recipe. First, we don't like gingersnaps, so we replaced the gingersnap cookies with crushed Newton's Fruit Thins in the Cranberry Citrus Oats flavor. (They are this new crispy cookie from the Fruit Newtons company and they are SO good in this recipe!!) Then, we wanted a touch of color in the topping, so we added a little bit of strawberry jam, (we used Smuckers), it made the topping look pretty and it added just a bit of flavor. Sounds like it would clash with the pumpkin, but it was amazingly good. With these changed, this was HANDS DOWN the best pumpkin cheesecake I have ever had. Better than than, it was one of the best CHHESECAKES I have ever had!!!"