I adapted a milk chocolate pudding recipe to suit my preference for white chocolate. Made from scratch, this delicious treat has wonderful homemade goodness. My family requests it often.
Recommended: 24 Christmas Puddings for the Holiday Season
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon orange or rum extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir with a wire whisk 2-3 minutes more or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir 1-1/2 cups hot mixture into egg yolks; return to saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in extract. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p25
Reviews forWhite Chocolate Pudding
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2015
"YUMMY...but I left out the extract"