I adapted a milk chocolate pudding recipe to suit my preference for white chocolate. Made from scratch, this delicious treat has wonderful homemade goodness. My family requests it often.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon orange or rum extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir with a wire whisk 2-3 minutes more or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir 1-1/2 cups hot mixture into egg yolks; return to saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in extract. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Pudding in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p25
Reviews for White Chocolate Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2015
"YUMMY...but I left out the extract"