White Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Whole fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Chop four squares of white chocolate and melt the other four; set both aside. In a bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extracts and the melted chocolate.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- 3. Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Pour a third of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Repeat. Pour remaining batter on top.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle semisweet and white chocolate over cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 371 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Pound Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.