- 5 minutes. Beat in white chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the
- flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately
- with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the whipping cream,
- sugar, semisweet chocolate and 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat
- until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 4-5
- minutes longer or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the orange peel, orange juice, vanilla
- and remaining butter. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 16 servings.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Cake and chocolate sauce can be prepared a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate sauce. Store cake in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container at room temperature. Reheat sauce over low when ready to serve.