- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Sort By :
"I made this for the first time and it was quite easy! I did the candy thermometer trick as suggested. My candy thermometer tested 12 degrees below 212 degrees when the water started boiling. I think this contributed to the success of the recipe. I also used a 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips and sifted all the powder out of the crushed candy. Have everything ready and work fast after taking the mixture off the stove. Delightful!"
"We tried several different peppermint fudge recipes and this one is the BEST hands-down. We make four batches every year and always run out."
"Best fudge ever!! We only changed one thing. Don't use hard peppermint. Use candy cane pop rocks. Stir in one pkg before pouring up, and a second on top after it is cooled some. Yummy!!! Beautiful soft red swirls, too. Don't over stir first rocks."
"If I can make this, a 5 year old can. I am normally terrified of the kitchen, I am shocked at how yummy this is and more shocked that I made it. It's a miracle"
"delicious simply creamy and melt in your mouth good"