White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge Recipe
I make many batches of this minty fudge to give as Christmas gifts. It's not too sweet, so it appeals to lots of palates. —Sue Schindler, Barnesville, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:81 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until melted. Fold in peppermint candy and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 40 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC