White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
This is my favorite confection to make at Christmas. Not only is it easy, it's delicious as well. I like to fill small bags with the crunchy candy to place in gift baskets.Nancy Shelton, Boaz, Kentucky
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon
- butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir
- in oil and remaining butter until smooth. Stir in peppermint
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to desired thickness.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store
- in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce equals 129 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.