White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in oil and remaining butter until smooth. Stir in peppermint candies.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading to desired thickness. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch(15)
Sort By :
I didn't care for the oil and the lack of peppermint taste. I made them a second time and omitted the oil and added 1 tsp peppermint extract and it was good.
I've made peppermint bark for years but I don't add butter or oil. Just melt white chocolate and stir in crushed peppermint and a couple drops of peppermint oil, not flavor. Maybr thr problem with the person who had the mixture get thick and not spreadable is if you get even a tiny bit of water in the chocolate it will get thick and unspreadable.Hope this helps
I have made something similar to this in the past, but tried this recipe for this year. After melting the candy coating, I stirred in the oil and remaining butter. That candy coating turned so thick, texture was weird. Even tried to reheat for a couple of seconds..I could NOT begin to spread it out or use it at all. hmm! Any suggestions? Why use the canola oil and butter? Other recipes i had seen was to melt the candy coating and then add the crushed peppermint, pour out to desired thickness. Love to try new recipes..but I goofed somehow on this one! any suggestions..would love to hear!
I add a little peppermint extract for extra peppermint-y goodness!!
would this be gluten free?
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >