White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
Bits of pretty mint candies dot every slice of this velvety cheesecake. You'll turn to this classic dessert time and again.—Grenville Samson, Oswego, New York
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chips and 3/4 cup crushed candies. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining candies.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 430 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC