White Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Recipe
People regularly request the recipe once they try my peanut butter fudge dipped in melted white chocolate. It's a nice contrast to typical chocolates on a candy platter. —Tall Pines Farm, Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter chips until melted. Add the marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- 3. Remove from pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip the squares into the coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until set.
- 5. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening if desired; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/4 pounds (about 9-1/2 dozen).
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC