White Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
"This very elegant dessert is great served on a warm summer night or at a dinner party," suggests Jennifer Eilts of Lincoln, Nebraska. "You can substitute other types of berries until you find your favorite combination."
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Sliced strawberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes; stir in chocolate until melted. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- 3. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Place 1/4 cup each in four parfait glasses.
- 4. Combine blueberries and raspberries; place 1/4 cup in each glass. Repeat layers of chocolate mixture and berries twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with strawberries and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 483 calories, 31 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC