- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Sliced strawberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream, sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes; stir in chocolate until melted. Remove from the heat; gently stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Place 1/4 cup each in four parfait glasses.
- Combine blueberries and raspberries; place 1/4 cup in each glass. Repeat layers of chocolate mixture and berries twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with strawberries and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as White Chocolate Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p64
Reviews for White Chocolate Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2011
"It was pretty easy to make and a classy looking desert. My guests loved it and I am defiantly going to put it in my recipe book. Thanks!"