White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
My sons and grandsons manage our ranch...and they always seem to have one hand in the cookie jar—especially when I bake these crunchy morsels! Away from the kitchen, I enjoy my large garden and our fast-growing family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add extracts. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in the coconut and chocolate.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC