White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add extracts. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in the coconut and chocolate.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
"delicous!! Yes, they come out flat, but the taste is great! Ate two of them standing over the oven. I didn't have coconut extract, so I subbed some almond extract, and it tasted fine."
"These tasted great but are really flat. I almost didn't take them to the event I made them for but decided to anyway. They were a hit."
"A-M-A-Z-I-N-G recipe!!! My friends literaly fought for the crumbs. Will definitely do it again and this time, double it ! :) I do understand your sons and grandsons now !"
"Very, very good. Moist, yet crunchy on the outside like I like it. My 3 young kids and my husband loved them. We ate almost a half batch in one night."
"My family doesn't like coconut, so I left out the coconut and coconut extract. They are delicious!"