My sons and grandsons manage our ranch...and they always seem to have one hand in the cookie jar—especially when I bake these crunchy morsels! Away from the kitchen, I enjoy my large garden and our fast-growing family.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add extracts. Combine the oats, flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in the coconut and chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001, p31
Reviews for White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review