- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Dip each ball halfway in water, then in sugar. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate Nut Crackles
Sort By :
"This is definitely a 5 star recipe. Excellent! I used 1 cup macadamia nuts instead of the 1/2 cup called for. Friends and family could not get enough. Would highly recommend. :)"
"White chocolate nut crackles turn out so well, my family simply loves them. We make them whenever we have all the ingredients and usually freeze some, as we end up with a LOT of cookies. They're so good though, and so easy to make, they're a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."