White Chocolate Mousse Cherry Pie Recipe
A cookie crust is topped with a cherry-almond filling and light-as-air mousse in this delectable dessert. This pie makes any dinner special. —Bernice V. Janowski, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 14 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Chocolate syrup and curls, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine cookies and nuts; cover and process until cookies are finely chopped. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in pie filling. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool completely.
- 4. For mousse, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold whipped cream mixture into pudding. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
- 6. Spread cooled filling into crust; top with mousse. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with chocolate syrup and curls if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 556 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC