- Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until
- smooth. Stir in pie filling. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1
- minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- extract. Cool completely.
- For mousse, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cream;
- let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin
- is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- sugar and extract; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
- gelatin mixture. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2
- minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold whipped cream mixture into
- pudding. Refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
- Spread cooled filling into crust; top with mousse. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or until firm. Garnish with chocolate syrup and curls if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 556 calories, 40 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.