White Chocolate Macaroons
These macaroons have got a great homemade feel to them. The chocolate and coconut combination make them a very rich treat that everyone seems to love.—Joyln Trickel, Helendale, California
60 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min./batch + chilling
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for
- 30 minutes. Add vanilla; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high
- until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold
- in 4 cups coconut and nuts, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined
- baking sheets. Bake at 275° for 25 minutes or until firm to the
- touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spoon
- 1/4 teaspoon white chocolate on each cookie; sprinkle each with 1
- teaspoon coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.