White Chocolate Macaroons Recipe
These macaroons have got a great homemade feel to them. The chocolate and coconut combination make them a very rich treat that everyone seems to love.—Joyln Trickel, Helendale, California
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 5-1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add vanilla; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in 4 cups coconut and nuts, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 275° for 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon white chocolate on each cookie; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon coconut. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for White Chocolate Macaroons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC