White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
White baking chips and macadamia nuts are a fantastic duo in these buttery cookies. They are a nice change from the classic chocolate chip ones. —Cathy Lennon, Newport, Tennessee
54 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl,
- whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and baking chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 1
- minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving or, if desired, reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 3-4 minutes.